Monday, February 7, 2011

My Valentine (a few days early)

I wanted to write this for the love of my life, my best friend and the man who supports me no matter what. Not because it's almost Valentines Day, not because his 30th Birthday is next week, but because I wanted to write out what an amazing person this man is to me.

<-- This is one of the first pictures I have of him. This is still one of my favorites!

Where to begin? Well, to start, with one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. One afternoon we were hanging out at his apartment (whoo hoo!) and I wasn't feeling just right. I went to the bathroom, promptly shut the door (oh how time's have changed) and got very very very sick. I was trying to be as quiet as possible, and clean up after myself. After I was in the bathroom, oh let's say, 20 minutes trying to clean myself up, he quietly knocked on the door and asked, "Are you ok in there?" -- as to which I meekly replied, "not really". He sprang into action, got me water, clean towels and his t-shirt to put on (needless to say mine needed to go in the trash!). But then and there, it was clear that he was my hero. If you can take care of me at my worse, you truly deserve my best!


<-- He cleans up pretty sweet too! This was my 20th birthday (WOW, where does time go?)

2nd reason (of like 1,000,000) why he is the man for me:

The evening this picture was taken, again, my 20th birthday, and the wedding of his friends Chad and Sara, he gave me my first insulin shot. While this may not seem like that big of deal. This was HUGE! A man that didn't freak out that I had diabetes, didn't ask if it was contagious and actually offered to give me and insulin shot when I was unable to give it to myself. What an amazing man!

That was the beginning of what was an amazing and  fast ride of our relationship!






Reason #3 - He's always ready for fun! He'll never back down from an adventure and deals really well with my shinanigans!











Reason #4 - Our engagement. Three words: "I dare you" HA! Never in my life would I imagine that I would/could find out that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with a man so quickly! Some may have not understood it, but all that mattered is that we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.



Reason #5- HE'S A FREAKIN' ROCK STAR!
How cool is that? He's a GRAMMY Academy Member.
Other then Mr. Punk Rock himself, our love of music is what made me love him. We sat for hours on our 1st date and went through his music catalog. A man who had a punk rock version of Backstreet Boy's "I want it that way" is alright in my book! He appreciated my love of "boy bands" (that wasn't all I listened to) and I was learning to appreciate the punk rock culture. It was just the fact that we both LOVED music, listening to it, making it, recording it - it was our common bond!








Well, after a whirl-wind romance and some really tough times that we got through together (let's leave the past in the past) - WE GOT MARRIED! 8 months after meeting, we took the plunge!
It was a beautiful Fall day in Eureka Springs and October 22nd will never be the same! (Our wedding is reason #6 why I love him!)











One name: Paul McCartney
Holy cow. If you know anything about us, it is our love of the Beatles. On our honeymoon (VEGAS BABY!) - We got to see the one and only SIR PAUL! This started a pretty steep curve of our concert calendar for the past 6 years! I don't know who was more excited, Joe or I. Coolest honeymoon gift EVER!






Reason #....oh who's counting anymore. I just love to write about him :) HE IS STILL A KID AT HEART! Our first trip to Walt Disney World was in 2006! We had a blast!

Goofy chased him down! -->










Back to him being a rock star....he's knows HOW TO PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR! (or with them!)




<-- Gypsy Pistaleros at 1st Annual ROCKLAHOMA!










I have to throw this one in just because....we're just a bunch of Indians! 








We have so much dang fun together! Seriously, our conversations are endless, we never run out of smart ass comments for each other (always meant in the most loving way possible!) and he is truly the person that knows me best.












Did I mention he's a PIRATE? Actually, our love for Capt. Jack Sparrow is quite evident!









Captain Jack Sparrow is a fantasy for both of us....







Ok, just a few more favorites of my favorite person.




We share the same passions in life. He has the strongest convictions that I have ever known a person to have. It amazes me. While I have "personal" reasons (i.e. diabetes) for the way my political thoughts go -- he just lays it all out there, he holds nothing back!










And one of the reason's I love most;. his compassion for animals. It is simply amazing how much we both want to save every animal in the world. If we could we would take home and love every single kitty in the world!!


He was there for my family and I on the worst day in my lifetime, when we lost my beloved Colby. This man has a soft side (I know, shocking...). He is not afraid to cry and this man LOVES HIS CATS!













There's no doubt about it - we've had a FABULOUS 6 years together and I can't wait for the next 75!
I just want to personally say how much I love you darling and thank you for letting me follow my hopes and dreams and allowing me to do it along with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment